Home  Family Law  Child Custody  Relocations

How Do I Relocate With My Child After I Have Been Awarded Custody?

If you are a custodial parent who needs to relocate with your child, you will need to file a request for relocation. You must receive permission from the court that approved your original custody order. A lawyer can help you file the paperwork and present your case in court.

Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, provides the customized solutions you need for your child custody relocation case. Our attorney Klint Rybicki is an experienced litigator who understands the sensitivity and complexity of a case like yours. We will be available to you throughout the duration of your case with honest answers and advice.

My Child Custody Modification Is For The Purpose Of Relocation

Child custody modifications are typically made for the purpose of relocation, and they are usually contested by the other parent. When a contestation is made against the request, it could be because the noncustodial parent wants the child to be easily accessible or they may fear having to pay child support.

In Texas, it is harder for the custodial parent to move out of state because the court looks at specific details to determine if it is in the child’s best interest. Your request will be denied if you do not present strong factors as to why the move is necessary. Sometimes a career change is not enough, especially if equal work is available in your current location.

You will want a lawyer at your side through every step of your child relocation case. Your lawyer will have the knowledge and tools you need to build the case that may result in your favor.

A Lawyer Who Will Be There To Guide You Each Step Of The Way

Schedule your consultation with attorney Klint Rybicki at our Royse City office by calling 469-951-8765. You can also schedule your consultation online by sending us an email.