Home  Family Law  Child Custody  Paternity

The First Step In Your Child-Related Legal Matters

When it comes to family law, the first step in seeking custody or child support is establishing paternity. In the event that the father of your child did not sign the declaration of paternity at your child’s birth, then he will have to sign an affidavit of paternity. Without paternity, the father has no legal rights to the child, which includes paying child support. Consult a lawyer today to assist you in establishing paternity for your child.

Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, handles a variety of family law cases involving children, and they are the most complex. Establishing paternity involves a level of investigation and legal documentation that our attorney Klint Rybicki is experienced with. Once you trust your legal matters to us, you will be able to discuss any aspect of your case with our attorney when you need to.

Why You Need To Establish Paternity

It is common for women and men to have children out of wedlock. In some cases, the father is not present for the birth of the child or they may refuse to sign the child’s birth certificate declaring paternity. Problems arise when:

  • You are a mother/legal guardian seeking support for your child
  • You are a grandparent seeking visitation rights
  • You are a father seeking parental rights

How To Establish Paternity

The process of establishing paternity is a legal process. You will have to write a petition to the court for them to determine the paternity of the presumed father and then write a motion for genetic testing. After filing your paperwork, you will have to ensure that the paperwork is served to the appropriate parties.

You will want a lawyer by your side through each step of this process. Your lawyer will help you word the documents properly, file them for you, help you track down the presumed father and ensure that the genetic testing is completed. Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, will be on call for you throughout the duration of your case.

A Paternity Attorney Providing Services In Texas

Schedule your consultation with attorney Klint Rybicki at our Royse City office today by calling 469-951-8765. You can also contact us by filling out this online contact form.