Home  Family Law  Child Custody  Child Custody FAQ

Do You Have Questions Regarding Your Child Custody Case?

Child custody cases are a delicate and emotional legal matter. While you are organizing all of the other factors of your divorce case, questions regarding your child may arise. Like, who will be awarded custody or how will we split time between two homes? A simple consultation with a lawyer can provide you with some peace of mind when it comes to the matters of child custody.

Our friendly attorney Klint Rybicki will provide you with honest advice about your child custody matters. You can trust that when you consult with Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, you will always have access to our lawyer for any questions you may have.

General Texas Child Custody FAQs

If you are awaiting a response from an attorney, the answers to your lingering questions have been provided below.

How is custody determined in Texas?

Custody is determined based upon many factors that include, but are not limited to, the child’s age, each parent’s living situation, each parent’s relationship with the child and the child’s preferences.

What is conservatorship?

A term used in Texas courts to describe legal responsibilities of parents. The two types of conservatorship are joint managing and sole managing conservatorship.

Does the court favor the mother or the father in child custody cases?

Texas court favors both parents having access to their child. The only cases where this may not be true are cases that involve neglect, misconduct, domestic violence or abuse.

What is going to happen in my case?

If you and your ex-spouse are able to work together then you both will have input on the agreement that will be reached. However, if your case goes to court then the determination will be made depending on the facts and arguments presented. The court would then make the ultimate decision.

When you decide to consult an attorney, you are making the decision to protect the best interests of your child. Having a lawyer represent you relieves some of the high-level emotions involved in a child custody case.

Contact Our Compassionate And Accessible Attorney

To discuss the details of your case, consult the Royse City office of Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, by calling 469-951-8765. You can also schedule your consultation online by filling out this online form.