Home  Family Law  Child Custody

Helping You Resolve Your Child Custody Dispute

As a parent, nothing is more important than protecting your children from unnecessary stress. Divorce or parental separation, unfortunately, will create stressors for your entire family, but there are things you can do to mitigate them.

One is to ensure your child custody matter is handled by an experienced family lawyer. When you work with Rybicki Law Firm, PLLC, we put your children’s needs and your interests as a parent at the heart of our representation. We seek to minimize the stress by providing sound advice and straightforward guidance throughout the legal process.

Seeking Amicable Resolutions Where Possible

Texas family laws are designed to protect the best interests of the children in a divorce or separation, not the parent. Generally, this means maintaining relationships with both parents. So, like it or not, you will likely need to continue working with your child’s other parent even after the separation is finalized.

One of the best ways to ensure your voice gets heard is to consider working out a parenting plan through negotiation or mediation. These more amicable resolutions give you more control over your outcome, rather than relying on the decisions of a judge who knows next to nothing about your family’s circumstances. They can also save you time and expense of taking your custody case before a judge.

Of course, when these resolutions are not appropriate or counterproductive because someone refuses to cooperate, we are fully prepared to protect your interests — and your child’s — in court.

Custody For Unmarried Parents

If you are an unmarried parent, you have the same parenting rights as married couples, but you may need to file a paternity action first to establish them. A paternity action solidifies the legal relationship between a child and his or her father. This in turn gives the father rights to pursue joint custody and a mother the right to obtain child support.

Our attorney has helped single parents of all kinds establish and protect their parental rights. Whether you’re seeking custody as an unwed father or you need child support to raise your kids, we can help.

Contact Our Firm For A Free Consultation

We understand the stakes involved if your custody case goes wrong. Contact our firm online or call our office in Farmersville at 469-951-8765 to schedule a free and confidential consultation to discuss your child custody concerns today.